Is Your Local Park Too Boring? 3 Ways To Make It More FunBoredom can help kids learn how to be creative. This is especially true during the heart of summer when they have all the time in the world to play outside. In fact, up to 21% of parents agree that it's good for kids to be bored sometimes to fuel creativity.
Yet, while it may be good to let kids experience boredom from time to time, it may not be so good for them to be bored at the local playground.
Is your local park too boring?
As a member of Parks and Recreation, it's your duty to make sure those who visit your parks are having fun and enjoy their time there. That goes especially for kids.
To help you get a better idea of whether a renovation is in order, here are three signs your local park could use some livening up.
- You never see children playing there. One of the first signs your local park may be a little too boring is that you never see kids there. It's mostly adults out jogging or walking their dogs.
- Your playground is falling apart. If your playground is damaged, you need to seek out replacement parts as soon as possible. But if your playground is really out of date, you may want to consider replacing the whole thing.
- It's an open field. Sure, dogs might enjoy an open field to run and play. But if your park isn't designed for dogs, an open field could be best described as empty.
How can I make the park more appealing?
It's important to make parks as appealing as possible to multiple generations. Although many people like to walk and jog, others may enjoy coming to the park to play and socialize.
That said, here are a few ways you can help to give your local park some extra life:
- Install a playground if you don't have one. If you don't already have a playground in your park, consider installing one with a playground border.
- Repair the playground you have. Playgrounds can break down over time and the one you have may not be appealing because it's old, broken, and dangerous.
- Ask around. One way to appeal to your general audience is to ask what they'd enjoy seeing in the park the most. For instance, a spray park or some new swing sets may be favored.
Discount Playground Supply has what you need whether you're looking for playground equipment for schools and parks, playground borders, swing seats, or replacement parts. To learn more about our playground borders and other playground equipment, contact Discount Playground Supply today.